QuickBooks Payroll is prone to errors if not used in the appropriate way. Error PS038 is Payroll error; it shows up when you are trying to download the latest update for your QuickBooks Payroll. The message on the error is
“Message, you’ve retrieved the latest payroll update and validated your Payroll subscription. We strongly recommend that you go online again before mm/dd/yyyy [PS038].
And the date which is mentioned in the error has already passed.
We are mentioning three solutions for the Error PS038, follow them in the order they are written and you will get rid of the error. If you are not in the mood to read the whole article and repairing the error yourself, you can just dial the QuickBooks Payroll Tech Support Number 1888-567-1159 and explain the situation to our QuickBooks Experts. They will assist you over the phone call itself.
- Depending on your Payroll service, follow this step
- Go to Employees > My Payroll ServiceàSend Usage Data, or
- Go to Employees > Send Payroll Data
- After you are done with sending the data, try to update your Payroll again. If the error is still coming on your screen, go to solution 2.
- If you are facing problems in sending the data, contact the Payroll Support Team.
Solution 2: Review the Paychecks
- Create a Backup of the company file before doing anything else.
- Go to Edit > Find > Advanced tab.
- Filter > Choose Filter, select Detail Level.
- Filter > Choose Filter, select Online Status.
- Search for the Paychecks which have not been sent to Intuit by clicking the Find button (QuickBooks Desktop only).
- Save the details of the Paychecks if there are any. You can also create a new Payroll Summary report and save it.
- Open the first paycheck in the list by locating it.
- Click on the “Paycheck Detail” button.
- Go into Earnings > Review Paycheck window; add the earnings in the list as the last earnings.
- A prompt will appear on your screen with the message “Net Pay Locked”. Click on “No” to close the message.
- Click on the Rate field and ensure that the taxes and the net pay have not changed, click on “Ok”.
- If any message appears on your screen regarding the Past transaction, click on “Yes”.
- Save and close the Paycheck.
- If the Recording Transaction message comes on your screen, click on “Yes’”.
- Open your paycheck again and select Paycheck Details.
- Delete all the earning items in the earning section that you had added.
- Click on “Okay” if the taxes and net pay did not change.
- Repeat the steps for all the Paychecks.
- After you are done with all the Paychecks, try sending the Data again.
Solution 3: Make sure you are on the latest tax table.
- If you are not able to get to Latest tax table.
- Click Employees > Get Payroll Updates > Update.
- If you are using another Payroll file, update that file.
- If that file was updated, try updating your original file.
- If the update is successful you will be able to send and create Payroll, however, this will not remove the PS038 error.